Welcome to The Empowered Family Membership!
Please read this agreement and confirm below by entering your name and checking off the agreement box.
- Be kind and courteous. We’re NOT all going to agree. It’s ok. Lively discussions are fine because it’s a chance to grow when an opinion is different.
If you don’t like something, keep scrolling, but be nice! 🙂
- Do not judge someone’s parenting style. There are lots of different parenting styles and you will find styles that are different to yours. Plus you’ll see parents doing things you would never do with your own kids. Judging is more harmful than helpful. So don’t do it!
- No Hate Speech or Bullying. Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like parenting, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- No Ranting. No Name-Calling. No Swearing. We do not allow rants, calling people out or complaints around how someone chooses to do sex education or parent. That is their business. Not yours. Sex education & parenting looks different for everyone.
- No outside links inside the Facebook group as original posts. This group is based on the approach that CONSENTparenting™ takes. Which means you can’t share content from other pages, biz’s or self-promote. It will be deleted. If you see an article that is helpful please share the link within that person’s post.
- All posts must be related to body safety, boundaries, sex ed and/or consent education. Non-relevant posts will be deleted. If you’re unsure about relevance, then message me and ask.
- Use Trigger Warning for posts about sexual abuse. If you are posting about sexual abuse or children touching each other sexually, please post a trigger warning – TW: sexual abuse – so that parents are warned and can chose whether they want to read it (or not).
- Do Not PM (private message) or Troll Other Members. There is no PM-ing anyone unless you obtain public permission in the group to do so. If this happens to you, tell me & they will be removed & blocked. You also can’t troll them on their own page. You can private message admins & moderators.
- Report posts or comments that are offensive. Help us to keep this group a place where members feel safe enough to ask questions and to comment. Report posts that deteriorate and/or when discrimination occurs.
- Only Admin or Moderators may delete posts (in FB group). Please don’t delete your own posts. Members often put a lot of time & effort into their responses & deleting it means that others can’t learn from the conversation. If the replies are triggering, please contact Admin to discuss.
- Confidentiality. This is a safe space and all conversations inside the member’s portal comments sections or inside the Facebook group are 100% confidential. For the purpose of this agreement, ‘Confidential Information’ includes all information shared inside the members portal by the educators AND the members and all the information shared inside the Facebook group by admins and members. Conversations and user names shall not be shared outside of the group unless explicitly stated by those sharing the information.