I’m kicking off 2020 with a hard core topic that I know has the power to shift culture! I’m honoured to have the one and only Dr. Rocio Rosales Meza on the show to talk about how colonial mentality is entrenched in all aspects of our lives (particularly for BIPOC), and specifically how it relates to parenting and rape culture.
You know how I roll by now… I like to go deep! And in this episode we definitely dive into all the things!
There are so many parts of this podcast that will open your eyes and I can’t wait to hear your feedback! In this episode Dr. Rocio Rosales Meza and I talk about:
- What colonial mentality is
- How it influences the way we parent
- How it relates directly to consent
- How it infiltrates our current language and culture
- The ways that it can affect our mental wellness
- How tapping into our intuition can be liberating
- The connections that colonial history and colonial mentality have deep roots in rape culture
- What we can begin to do to decolonize our minds
- Things we can begin to do to take back our power
- Why this all matters to women’s rights and WOC
Links Mentioned In The Episode
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the AboutCONSENT™ podcast? If you’re not, I invite you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss any episodes. I’m adding Spanish episodes to the mix this year and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you love any of the episodes, I would be super grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too! your review helps others find my podcast (plus reading them gives me life!). Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part or takeaway of the podcast is. Thank you y gracias!
Listener Spotlight of The Week
Thank you MelissaMoo87 for this review! It fuels me to know that you feel this way and I’m so excited to continue sharing this with you! And I agree with you that more education is need in this realm for everybody! I’m here for it! Thank you for your support. Stay empowered!