This week’s guest, Diana R Diaz is a powerful speaker, mental health advocate and the founder of The RAWW Network as well as the owner of YSTT Academy. She is a proud Mexican-America who is creating deep impact in her community and beyond!
It is a human need to be seen and heard, to be acknowledged as a valuable and worthy being for our simple act of being. But trauma can make us feel and think that we don’t have worth, and that we should not be seen and that our voice should not be heard. This is where the power of sharing your story, speaking up and voicing your questions, concerns and yes, sometimes, even traumas, can have a profoundly positive impact.
Through story telling we can help others connect and realize that they’re not alone, that we have common experiences that we thought were ‘it’s just me’ perspectives.
Diana, founder of The RAWW Network and Your Story To Tell Academy joins me to talk about:
– How we can shift our conversations about mental health in the Latinx community
– How anxiety, depression and other expressions of our mental health can be rooted in trauma
– How RAWW got started and has evolved to support women through it’s 5 pillars
– Motherhood and postpartum challenges, including triggers, and how talking about the struggles is important
– How cracking open tough taboo topics lead to supportive community + healing
– How storytelling can help us reclaim our voice
– How public speaking allows women to represent and become more visible, particularly for BIPOC, to be seen and heard in the mainstream.
– How support comes from the most unlikely of places.
– What it takes to go after your dreams.
I hope this episode inspires and motivates you to take action in your life to step into your healing and to begin thriving through reclaiming your VOICE!
Links Mentioned In The Episode
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the AboutCONSENT™ podcast? If you’re not, I invite you to do that today! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding Spanish bonus episodes to the mix this year and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you’re loving the podcast and want to express your love for it, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too! Your review helps other people find my podcast and they also fuel me. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. I appreciate you!
Listener Spotlight of The Week
Thank you mmemurpont for your rating and review! I love the way you describe the podcast as a great way for parents to tool-up in a SAFE and OPEN platform! YESSSS! That is most definitely one of my biggest goals here and I’m thrilled to hear that it’s how you are receiving it! Thanks so much for showing up and empowering yourself!