Have you ever had your anger dismissed or invalidated by others regarding your past, your trauma, or your abuse? Have you ever been afraid of your anger? If you answered yes to either of those questions, this episode will be a breath of fresh air.
In this week’s episode, I’m joined by psychotherapist Nicole Schiener to talk about the power of anger and how we can use it as transformative energy instead of a toxic one that depletes us.
We talked about:
- The conflicted relationship that many survivors and Black, Indigenous and People of Colour have with anger because of their trauma.
- Why is it so important for people with trauma to process their anger and not just ‘get over it’.
- What survivors who are afraid of their anger can do, particularly if they’re not sure how to express it.
- What reclaiming and transforming anger into healing looks like on a personal and collective level.
- How most survivors are told to get over things that happened a long time ago and how one can respond to these kinds of comments?
- What a humble warrior means and how we can all be a warrior for others.
This was most definitely an empowering episode and I can’t wait for you to hear it!
ABOUT NICOLE SCHIENER:
Nicole Schiener is a Registered Psychotherapist in Ontario, Canada, and a published author. Her writing has been featured in the Gottman Blog and Elephant Journal.
She provides counseling and supervision at a non-profit organization and sees clients privately at a wellness clinic in St. George, Ontario.
Nicole is a member of her region’s Sexual Assault Response Team and a mama to a teen son and 10-year-old daughter.
Nicole loves helping people connect to their inner expert and learn to dance with their emotions, embracing and celebrating their authentic self and the power of the human spirit to heal and thrive.
Currently, she’s completing a compilation of short stories, poetry, and reflective questions on the awakening journey for highly sensitive mothers. Nicole believes, “World peace begins with inner peace.”
CONNECT WITH NICOLE:
Linktree with a collection of writing and free offers: http://www.linktr.ee/mindfulmama_nsm
STG FB for booking: https://www.facebook.com/stghealthandwellness
Other mentions in the episode is Asha Frost.
Find her at www.ashafrost.com
Learn more about CONSENTparenting by visiting www.consentparenting.com
To sign up for the Child Predator Protection Masterclass mentioned in the episode, go to www.aboutconsent.com/protect WITHOUT A CODE to get the special quarantine price for this class.